The word lifestyle has evolved drastically over
the last few years. If one is asked what your definition of a healthy lifestyle
is, most would answer dieting, going to the gym,
looking pretty, looking good, etc.
Most of them fail to understand that having a
healthy lifestyle means eating the right food in the correct amounts and
enjoying some form of physical activity to free the mind and body from
When we think about how we can de-stress and
relax, there are a lot of ways one can do that. Simple
lifestyle changes like eating healthy, waking up early,
and exercising every day can make a huge difference and reduce our stress
Furthermore, if you want to de-stress even more
you can always plan a getaway to a retreat. For those who love nature, traveling, and considered “fitness freaks”, adventure
retreats can be fascinating and mind-boggling.
On the other hand, for those who just like to
pamper themselves, a spa and Ayurveda retreat is a
perfect choice. But if one wants a combination of all, physical well-being,
mental well-being, and pamper yourself in the
process, then a yoga retreat sounds just like the thing you
are looking for.
Yoga, an ancient practice of reuniting the mind,
body, and spirit is one way to adopt and
practice a healthier way of living. As time progresses towards a digitized
world where technological advancements are taking over, people are succumbing
to unhealthy and a lazy way of life.
As a result, they are becoming victims of various chronic diseases at a very young age.
Does it sound like fun to be battling cancer or heart ailments in your 30s? Or
will it give you pleasure to see your kids suffering the plight of your
Yoga is a practice of the pristine teachings of
the ancient gurus and the scriptures like yoga sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and
Srimad Bhagavatam. The instructors are not only experts of the ancient
teachings but also have excellent knowledge of the scientific advancements.
The combined teachings of the age-old art form
and science help give their clients a customized solution. This, in turn, aids their clients to find their inner peace and harmony.
Why should you visit a Yoga Retreat?
- It offers the perfect opportunity to disconnect from the technological world and get oneself lost in the bliss of nature, freeing you from the need to be online every second of your life.
- The opportunity to travel also helps in reinventing yourself and opens your horizon to new experiences. It provides you with a chance to make new friends and improve your social skills.
- Everyday practice of yoga also can help in replacing a bad habit that one is trying to quit and replace it with a healthier habit. This, in turn, leads to the holistic development of the person.
- A yoga retreat helps you calm your mind by keeping you away from your daily duties and relax your mind. This allows you to listen to your body’s needs and work on yourself accordingly.
- Yoga also helps in building positive thoughts that are rarely found in our daily urban lives.
Benefits of Yoga:
- As human beings grow older, they start to lose their flexibility, and range of motion. Especially as our work-life demands sitting for long hours in front of computer screens limiting the movement of our joints and muscles. Yoga is an excellent way to loosen tight muscles and improve the mobility of joints.
- The yoga poses help regulate breathing while also balancing the body’s weight resulting in improved muscle strength.
- In addition to building muscles, yoga also helps in toning the body and enhance the muscle definition, making you look good.
- Yoga poses help in building core strength, making your abdomen and back muscles stronger. This in turn improves the balance and helps in keeping an upright posture.
- The asanas in yoga are very intense and require a lot of concentration. When we are focused on our body and correcting the form, we forget about all our other worries. This fosters some mental calmness helping one to clear their mind and be more productive in their daily life.
- As the physical and mental stress is alleviated, the body becomes stronger and more aware. The small movements help in aligning your body in the right way improving a person’s self-image. Yoga boosts the body’s immunity against various diseases. It also improves one’s self-confidence.